“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

"Never let 'life' get in the way of living"

September 28, 2010

I'm sitting on the plane, and I wonder if I can blog from my phone....hmm...

Anyway, we're all on the plane right now, about to take off soon. I can't believe I'm actually moving overseas!! Thankfully, I'm not alone...

The group I'm with is VERY diverse. There are more education volunteers (teaching chemistry, biology, math, and training english teachers) than health volunteers, and WAY more women than men. But the volunteers come from all over the country (including Puerto Rico), and are a mix of white, black, asian, hispanic, gay, straight, and everything in between. Its really cool, and I really like the mix of people I'm with. We're all excited to get to Mozambique and learn, and do great things.


So...they're about to close the plane doors, meaning I have to turn my phone off....but hey....guess what?

IM GOING TO AFRICA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment